Village of Springfield
The village was platted by Henry T .Fuller in 1855.
There was once a cheese factory, hotel and an Episcopal chapel.
The more active businessmen were: Edwin Booth, Edwin Moorhouse, and Asa W. Phelps.
Other early names include:; ROCKWELL, BROWN,BURK, HILL, GILLETTE, READ, DAYTON, FARNUM, AMBORN, FOWLSTON, KINNEY, WINSOR, HUMPHREY, FERRIS and BURDICK.
There was also a Methodist Episcopal society and a St. Kilian's Catholic.
Early postmasters were: Edwin Booth, Ethan B .Farnum, Edward Moorhouse, Asa K. Phelps, Harry C. Olp, and John Abbot.
Copyright 2013 Walworth County Genealogical Society